And Biden’s money printer goes Brr Brr! Don’t forget 40% of US dollars were printed over the last 12 months. What the Feds are doing currently has been seen time and time again in history, and the outcome has never been pretty. We can point to Zimbabwe, Venezuela, or 1921 Weimar Germany to see how unchecked inflation can lead to worse economic conditions.
This week we saw several massive DeFi hacks, Poly Network exploited for $600M (which the hacker later returned) and then DAO Maker was hacked for $7M. Not many details on the latter one yet. And analysts are pointing out that the NFT bubble is just a money-laundering scam for the rich.
Meanwhile, Bitcoin and Ethereum continue the pump! Recommend watching these resistance levels closely over the weekend, BTC: $48,300-$49,100 and ETH: $3500-$3600 – that’s where things will get really interesting.
- Algorand: The team introduced Smile Coin, an approach to decentralizing the gaming industry. Have to say Algorand has been quietly pushing releases, definitely one smart contract capable chain to keep your eye on.
- Coinbase: Confirmed that companies such as SpaceX and Tesla are part of their client list, aims to become the main OTC platform for corporations. And CEO Brian Armstrong said he sees Coinbase becoming the Amazon of digital assets.
- Messi: Interesting trading strategy to keep in mind for future big sport player moves, fan tokens react! When it seemed certain Messi was moving to Paris, we saw the PSG token pump over 65% in 2 days.
- Binance: More regulatory concerns on the horizon or a pre-emptive move? The exchange announced it was removing all Korean Won Trading pairs and payment options.
- Curve: Andre Cronje released a new tool that allows users to bribe each other for voting on their CRV gauge. So is transparent bribing legal? Interesting concept! Learn more about Curve Finance and its stablecoin pools here.
- COTI Network: If you’re a heavy liquidity provider in DeFi protocols then you will want to check out COTI’s Crypto Volatility Index (CVI). For example, if you believe ETH is in for volatility (which means your LP positions might incur losses through impermanent loss) then you can use the ETHVOL to hedge.
- Raydium: Is the time of Solana Summer finally here? RAY will be the first SPL-based token added to Binance, which opens up the doors for more SPL tokens being added. Eyes on projects such as STEP, MEDIA, MER, SBR, or FIDA which could see future Binance listings? To celebrate, Raydium announced a 2-week party where various fusion pools will earn RAY rewards.
- Alpha: Introduced how Alpha DAO will work, phase 1 launch will happen during August. Step one will be an Alpha Forum for discussions and a bi-weekly call with active community members/stakers.
- Solend: New lending protocol on Solana is live! Currently, users can deposit SOL, USDC, ETH, and BTC to earn interest and borrow. No details about a protocol native token… yet? Might be one to interact with for a future airdrop!
- TrueFi: Protocol is one of the fastest-growing platforms by TVL right now, TRU is up by over 400% in the last 14 days. One to watch? Check out our overview on TrueFi here.
- Harvest Finance: FARM is now listing on Binance in the innovation zone, meaning we should see a big increase in trading volume. Harvest is now releasing vaults on BSC, Ethereum, and Polygon. Perhaps Avalanche or Solana next? Learn more about FARM’s tokenomics here.
Be sure to check the listing to view the digital crypto artwork in its full glory, as some art is animated or contains audio.
We’re all on a journey of exploration, but sometimes we need to take time out for ourselves. Vacation is the visual representation of that much needed time away. Time away to recharge and regather our thoughts...
- SuperRare: Announced SUPR token which will power a Collector Royalties program, and the token will be airdropped to prior owners that qualify also.
- ATLAS: IEO for this blockchain (Solana) powered game Star Atlas is scheduled to happen on FTX, no dates yet so follow their Twitter handle. Here are some more details about ATLAS and POLIS tokens.
- AntiMatter: The Non-Fungible Finance platform, where users can create their own indexes for NFTs, now has an account system that is also powered by NFTs. A very cool concept as should lead to leaderboards and other perks?