Bitcoin is still holding onto 30k as support following the lowest weekly close of 2021, fresh pain ahead? Come discuss how you’re playing it in our discord.
Recommend watching the headlines for anything Stablecoin related when it comes to regulations. Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen will talk with all the top U.S. financial markets and bank regulators to discuss rules for digital stablecoins. Any bad news for Tether might be the bearish catalyst to push the markets down, and it’s true no new USDT has been printed in weeks.
- Brazil: More good news for crypto adoption in South America, Brazil approved the first Latam based Ethereum ETF. Enables retail or institutional investors to easily gain ETH exposure via the B3 stock exchange.
- Binance US: Rumours continue to fly about ex-CEO Coley who has not been seen since being abruptly replaced in April, fuelled by her inactive Twitter account, people are now asking if she is even alive?
- Michael Saylor: Claimed that he will never be forced to sell MicroStrategy’s BTC position, and intends to HODL no matter what. At BTC’s current prices he will soon be underwater, let’s see if his bullish hopium remains intact during that scenario.
- Binance Coin: Burned over $390M worth of BNB in the 16th quarterly burn, CZ was quick to remind everyone that the team has also never sold a single unlocked BNB, only burned them.
- Frax Finance: Announced plans to adopt a CRV gauge weights tokenomics, where users will be able to lock FRAX to obtain veFXS for voting. Founder Sam Kazemian stated he believes this type of tokenomics is the best for farming, and that FRAX will be gauges on steroids.
- AntiMatter: New token contract after the exploit is currently going through an audit by Peckshield, planned airdrop is to start from July 25th. One thing to note is all previous holders will receive the airdrop on Ethereum.
- Parrot: For the next 30 days users can now earn incentives in PRT tokens by minting the protocol’s collateralized stablecoin PAI. A good way to stack the rewards would be to then deposit PAI into Saber to earn SBR. Of course, make sure you manage your risk ratio on Parrot to avoid liquidation!
- Yearn: Crazy to think this innovative protocol is only one year old, happy birthday YFI token! Would DeFi be so big if it wasn’t for the launch of vault strategies? Learn more about Yearn Vaults in the following article.
- Grayscale: Announced a DeFi Fund which enables Accredited Investors to gain exposure to a selection of industry-leading DeFi protocols such as UNI, AAVE, COMP, CRV, or SUSHI.
- WHACKD: Little reminder that John Mcafee’s Dead Man Switch is scheduled to be released this week. Legit or a hoax? Guess we will find out.
- Elrond: Announced a partnership with Stobox to create compliant tokenization of real estate, equities, securities, and more on Elrond. Check out our full overview article on EGLD here.
Be sure to check the listing to view the digital crypto artwork in its full glory, as some art is animated or contains audio.
The Red Thread
It is said that on each person’s little finger there is an invisible red thread, which is only connected to the half of soul...
- Sygnum: The Swiss bank partnered with an art investment firm to tokenize Pablo Picasso’s 1964 painting Fillette au béret, which will allow people to buy shares of the art piece by holding Art Security Tokens (ASTs).
- Volume: In the first half of 2021 we’ve seen NFT sales volume surge to new highs, with $2.5 billion in sales so far this year. Just think NFT volume in the first half of 2020 was $13.7 million, that’s a huge increase!
- Axie Infinity: Is the mania at its height? Axie tweeted out an ad in a Singapore newspaper. Apparently, it is possible to earn $50-60 per day by just grinding the game, guess that’s the new bear market job?
- Alibaba: Announced its huge ECommerce website Taobao will include NFT Arts during this year’s Maker Festival. It’s a festival the company launched in 2016 which encourages Chinese artists and entrepreneurs to promote their art and sell it via Taobao.