Binance reported this week that over 100 million people are crypto users. After this week’s stock market shenanigans, and more people turn to decentralized finance, we wouldn’t be surprised if the number tripled during 2021.
- Elon Musk: Who previously helped pump DOGE by over 400% in 24 hours, changed his Twitter bio to Bitcoin. And sends BTC to 37k!
- Ethereum: Reddit and the Ethereum Foundation signed a blockchain partnership. The main collaboration will be around scaling the social platform’s Community Points system onto Eth.
- AllianceBlock: The first globally compliant decentralized capital market announced a partnership with London Stock Exchange. This is a big step forward for bridging DeFi products with CeFi platforms. Bullish!
- Stay skeptical: Just a quick reminder to always do your own research and if it looks too good then it probably is. PopcornSwap, a project just 24 hours old, did an instant rugpull stealing over $2m of deposits from the protocol.
- Venus Protocol: Announced an airdrop with Binance Smart Chain to distribute a total of $50,000 BNB to new users. To be eligible all you have to do is create a wallet, deposit any amount of BNB into it, and use Venus.
- Mirror Protocol: Currently has a governance vote ongoing to create synthetic assets of the GME and AMC stocks. CZ says that once approved they will be tradable on BSC.
- Oddz Protocol: The DeFi derivatives platform for trading options plans to integrate zero-fee transactions via a relayer network. Enabling people to trade decentralized options without high network costs.
- Thugs Finance: This popular AMM and liquidity mining platform on Binance Smart Chain went into a meltdown as team members seem to turn on each other. Not a good sign!
- Waves Exchange: Introduced decentralized crypto custody where the user can just sign up via email, along with USDC staking. Beginner-friendly onboarding for DeFi!
- OnX Finance: Released the details around onSynthetics, a DeFi platform for collateral/staked tokens such as aETH (ankrETH). Meaning you can earn interest on ETH you’ve locked up in Eth 2.0 staking.
- Paraswap: Released V3 with a new UI and upgraded smart contracts for token swaps. The new smart contracts are 30% cheaper to interact with than the previous version.
- Kebab Finance: A new yield farming platform on Binance Smart Chain now has vaults on Beefy Finance. Currently, the APY looks very attractive for farmers.
Be sure to check the listing to view the digital crypto artwork in its full glory, as some art is animated or contains audio.
- Bondly: Announced the creation of an NFT launchpad working with partners such as Kyber Network and Bridge Mutual. The aim is to allow participants to access public sales of upcoming projects before their listing on Uniswap.
- Mark Cuban: The billionaire Dallas Mavericks owner has entered the non-fungible token scene. If you’ve missed it check out his Rarible listings here.
- Enjin: Partnered with MetaverseMe to bring virtual fashion items onto Ethereum as NFTs. Create your avatar and dress up in collectibles you own on-chain.