What was all the panic about? It’s just a classic 2017/2018 upside down bart pattern on the BTC chart.
Well it’s encouraging that we didn’t nuke downwards after losing yesterday’s daily range, but I see no reason to start trading with any strong directional bias – we’re still ranging. New FUD seems to be that governments want to going after anonymous cryptocurrency wallets, so that might be something to watch for in the media headlines… despite it being near impossible to enforce.
- JPMorgan: The major US bank is on a blockchain hiring spree, ads are plastered all over with a range of roles, many asking for experience in proof of stake and Ethereum.
- Coinbase: Finds itself in the hot seat being sued over a “Deceptive” Dogecoin campaign. The plaintiff is seeking $5 million in damages in regards to Coinbase’s $1.2 million DOGE sweepstakes.
- FTX: The exchange has raised $900m and is valued at ~$18B, the largest private equity round in the industry’s history. A massive milestone for FTX! And if you’re stuck due to Binance suspending deposits/withdrawals for GBP and EUR, well it’s time to migrate.
- Stablecoins: After U.S. Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen met with multiple federal agencies on Monday, we can expect new regulatory frameworks to come out for stablecoins within the next couple of months.
- Cardano: The road to smart contracts going live on mainnet is finally looking possible after all the Alonzo hard forks have been successful on testnet.
- Memes: Are dying? Investors seem to be losing interest in meme tokens, price and volume are in steep decline. Probably a correlation with the wider crypto markets downturn
- Sushiswap: Announced Trident at the EthCC which will feature stable pools (like Curve), weighted pools (like Balancer), and concentrated liquidity (like Uni V3). Along with new improved order routing and built on their Bento Box platform, meaning users just have to deposit their $$$ into Bento for swaps, lends, yields. Bullish!
- Neon Labs: An EVM scalability solution for Ethereum built on Solana, Neon is now live on testnet for developers to check out. Excited to see what builders cook up using neon!
- Saber: Launched a stable pool for FTT and wormhole FTT, a nice way to start farming SBR tokens if you’re bullish on FTX Exchange token.
- Polkadot: During the next two weeks DOT will go through three huge unlocks of over 2 million coins(each): July 22nd, July 26th, and August 3rd. With the price already falling, these unlocks might ramp up the selling pressure.
- Harvest Finance: Now live on Polygon network with 3 vault strategies for farms on SushiSwap and QuickSwap. Learn more about Harvest and FARM tokens here.
- Alpha Finance: A nice strategy for lenders is to deposit BNB on Alpha Homora vBSC, currently, APY is in the ~40% for the Interest-bearing BNB (ibBNB) Vault. Read more about ALPHA token and its DeFi vision here
- Bella Protocol: Announced a partnership with DinoSwap to enter the Polygon ecosystem, farming opportunities for BEL/ETH LPs at ~700% APY or staking DINO to earn BEL ~1000% APY. Learn more about BEL token and Bella’s platform here.
Be sure to check the listing to view the digital crypto artwork in its full glory, as some art is animated or contains audio.
Abstract digital art by Tankuss. Inspired by Bart Simpson.
- Dolce Gabbana: High fashion entering the world of non-fungible tokens has to be bullish, right? Dolce & Gabbana will launch NFT wearable collections for its next fashion shows.
- Weird Whales: This new project inspired by CryptoPunks is picking up quite a bit of attention as all the solidity code and AI-generated art has been created by a 12-year-old.
- RARA: The first celebrity IP series of NFT collectibles by RARA is coming, apparently she owns the most Hermes Birkin bags in the world? No idea.