FOMC minutes from June did not move the market, so it seems the feds are still happy to play the patience game when it comes to any tightening of monetary policy. Should the market keep the risk on conditions, bullish movements next week? And over the weekend, I would not be surprised if the corn heads up to tap the range’s highs.
Meanwhile, several major UK banks are blocking payments going in or out of the Binance Exchange. If this is messing up your preferred cash in/out route, then FTX Exchange also supports GBP. Well, they need to get with the times: Visa is currently partnering with 50 crypto platforms to provide card programs. There is only going to be more and more!
- Circle: The company behind the stablecoin USDC is going public in a deal valued at $4.5 billion. This means both the companies behind USDC (Coinbase and Circle) will be publicly traded.
- Argentina: Potentially another South American country to declare Bitcoin as legal tender? A bill has been put forth for approval which will make it possible for salaries to be paid in cryptocurrency.
- Tendermint: The blockchain company which is behind Cosmos (ATOM), and tech is used in various networks such as ThorChain or Binance Chain, is building a crypto app store called Emeris. Apparently, it will offer a wide variety of decentralized apps (dApps).
- Cardano: Institutional buyers have skyrocketed for ADA, along with retail, looks like the upcoming smart contract functionality launch (Alonzo hard fork) is the primary driver of demand.
- Alpha Finance: Announced the first project incubated via its launchpad, Beta Finance, which enables 1-click short selling for DeFi users. No details yet on how to participate if there is a token sale. And be sure you read why we believe ALPHA is the DeFi juggernaut.
- Balancer: Added BTC and USD stable pools to V2 for liquidity providers to earn rewards in BAL tokens. Remember, by design Balancer can be more efficient than Curve or Uniswap as all trades can access the protocol’s entire liquidity and are not just limited to one pool. Learn more about farming BAL here.
- Ethereum: This week Goldman Sachs mentioned, in its writings to its clients, that ETH is the blockchain with the highest recorded real use cases. The report also observes how people prefer using smart contracts (over just holding crypto) which may lead to Ethereum overtaking Bitcoin in the future.
- Uniswap: It’s official, V3 launched on the Optimism layer2 mainnet. After deploying to the Optimism developer network, it shouldn’t come as a surprise, but this is great news for scaling Ethereum.
- Yearn Finance: You can now find vault protection on Risk Harbor, at a 7x cheaper rate than on Nexus. What’s very cool is users can underwrite with crDAI token (DAI deposited in Cream) meaning you can stack that yield! Learn more about Yearn vaults in our review here.
- AntiMatter: Governance for the DeFi derivatives protocol is now live, MATTER holders can vote on proposals. Participants can suggest, debate, and implement changes to the protocol – good news or too late?
- SushiSwap: Published their Q2 update along with what to expect in Q3, highlight is an upcoming NFT platform called Shoyu. And once more mentioned this mysterious release for July 20th.
- Mercurial Finance: Is working with Terra Money to bring UST adoption to Solana, appears this will create some sort of bridge with the LUNA ecosystem, bullish!
- Avalanche: Announced a next-generation bridge between AVAX and Ethereum which will be 10x faster and 5x cheaper. Sounds promising!
Be sure to check the listing to view the digital crypto artwork in its full glory, as some art is animated or contains audio.
The Negotiating Party
There was much consternation and not a little bit of excitement as Shadow rowed the negotiating team out to meet the stranger. Gliding steadily through the fog, they chewed on fearful bits of imagination and cast nervous little jokes to the fish...
- Axies: The floor price of Mystic Axie has now gone above the floor price of CryptoPunks, which analysts often see as the highest starting point for NFTs (price-wise). The cheapest Mystic Axie is now over 20 ETH whereas the cheapest CryptoPunk is ~17 ETH. Not to mention a plot of land just sold for 300 ETH!
- BunnyPark: Launched their Mystery Box Series via Binance NFT, currently priced at 0.15 BNB, only a limited amount available so get in quick.
- Trade Race Manager: Major upgrade Game Plan is now live, enabling players to win 1,500 lOl tokens every day. And there are also season rankings with additional rewards, the season champion will win an Ultra Rare Custom NFT car.