Looks like Bitcoin balances on exchanges are starting to steady after major inflows during May. Can be seen as an indication that the sellers are diminishing, and the BTC price has bottomed out? Well don’t get your hopes up too much just yet, Elon Musk is scheduled to talk at a Bitcoin Conference on the 21st of July.
Meanwhile, Biden is targeting the corporate giants, exchange marketing wars are heating up (more on that below!) and the Altcoin Cap (total crypto market cap without BTC) looks like it wants to breakout from this multi-week bear trend, what do you think? Come discuss our discord.
- Coinbase: The CEO announced they will list every single crypto asset that is legally viable. Along with launching a new high yield USDC product and plans for the stablecoin to exist on 10 more networks.
- FTX: Announced Tom Brady and Gisele Bündchen now have an equity stake in the exchange, kind of like a marketing move to show FTX as the exchange celebrities use? Well played.
- Crypto.com: Looks like this exchange is going after Formula One fans, as Crypto.com is now an F1 partner and its first official cryptocurrency sponsor. Lots of collaboration planned for new awards within the sport and exclusive NFTs.
- Binance: Might be adding MATIC deposit and withdrawal directly from the Polygon network, which will make it extremely easy for new users to on/off-ramp into Polyon via Binance. Believe this will be very big for adoption, just compare it to BSC.
- Moonbeam: Was able to secure the second parachain slot on Kusama, once fully deployed we should see a flood of Ethereum DeFi projects deploy onto Kusama/Polkadot.
- Africrypt: Founders Raees and Ameer Cajee are denying any involvement with the loss of $3.6 billion in Bitcoin from the platform. If the amount of BTC is not recovered it would be the biggest loss to a hack or scam ever.
- Alpha Finance: Launched basic farming mode which automatically sets up a leveraged DeFi strategy in a couple of clicks. Will calculate the borrowed asset and amount for the best price.
- Mercurial: In just a couple of days this stablecoin AMM on Solana hit their 5 million deposit cap for the beta launch, and that is without any liquidity provider rewards. Very cool to see such a demand for DeFi products on Solana already.
- Impermanent Loss: Here is a handy IL calculator by DailyDeFi, easily lets you make your own calculations and check different scenarios for token prices.
- dYdX: Launched a FIL-USD perpetual market, meaning you can trade FIL with up to 10x leverage and cross margin. Remember dYdX uses StarkWare Layer2 so it’s zero gas fees also.
- Compound: Now has a fixed 4% APR product for USD, which aims to attract financial institutions, called Compound Treasury. Idea is to remove all the friction around depositing/withdrawing, making it easy for businesses to access.
- Cream Finance: Announced it will be launching its money markets on Polygon, and that these new markets will be incentivized with liquidity mining. No details on the rewards yet, so follow closely! Learn more about CREAM token here.
- CoinMarketCap: Integrated token swaps on its website, powered by Uniswap. Meaning you can now watch the price of your favorite token and swap it immediately. Seems they might add more DEXs in the future, becoming a sort of DEX aggregator like 1inch or Paraswap?
- AntiMatter: Announced the team is working with Elrond to bring decentralized call and put options to the network. That means the platform will be live on Ethereum, BSC, Huobi Eco Chain, and Elrond! Expecting to see a launch on OKExChain also.
- Pera Finance: Will soon be launching PERA token on PancakeSwap to power decentralized trading competitions on BSC. Features a unique on-chain sorting algorithm that determines which traders are bringing in the highest volume.
Be sure to check the listing to view the digital crypto artwork in its full glory, as some art is animated or contains audio.
The current situation worldwide causes a lot of tension, fear and uncertainty. Nobody knows how long it will last and how that will affect the future.
- COPE: Revealed its short-term roadmap, which features the release of its SHODOWN blockchain game along with collaboration with Metaplex for COPE-themed NFTs.
- NFTX: Announced the soft launch of NFTX V2, which aims to transition the platform towards being the primary hub for NFT and DeFi. The main change is incentivized vaults per collection, to create collectibles with higher liquidity.
- zkSync: We will soon see NFTs compatible with zkSync along with a marketplace MVP, meaning crypto-collectibles with Ethereum security and low gas fees. Just speculating here but given the tech similarities, maybe we will see NFTs on Loopring soon enough?