It’s times like these you remember why you chose to trade crypto, right?
First, we had the stock markets tanking due to the terrible inflation data coming out of the US (worse since 2008!), then Vitalik destroyed the dog meme coins, then Elon said Bitcoin is killing trees, then rumors of Binance having trouble with the IRS, and now Elon might be upgrading Dogecoin towards PoS?
What a week. Surely after all that, it has to be a green weekend…
- MoneyGram: Announced that people will soon be able to buy and sell Bitcoin at their physical kiosk, meaning with cash. Should help increase BTC adoption for the unbanked communities.
- Binance: CZ stated that they collaborated with law enforcement agencies to fight against money laundering and bad actors, and the article is intentionally misleading.
- Dogecoin: To touch quickly on Elon’s tweet, do remember that DOGE developers have not been active in a very long time. Ethereum has been built with a transition to PoS in mind, and even so it’s a huge undertaking. Is such a feat even possible for the old Bitcoin-core code found in DOGE?
- MicroStrategy: Don’t panic institutional investors are still buying the Bitcoin dips, Michael Saylor announced an additional 271 BTC bought for $15 million.
- Opium: Is now live on Binance Smart Chain, users can now buy or stake turbos, which are user-friendly decentralized derivatives. Opium Turbo ETH product has proven very popular as it has a short expiry date, usually just a day or a week.
- Alpha Finance: V2 is now live on Ethereum providing several leverage positions for liquidity providers of USDT, USDC, DAI, ETH, YFI, SUSHI, and UNI. Learn more about why ALPHA token is a stape DeFi platform in our full review.
- SushiSwap: Looks like DeFi Summer 2.0 might be powered by SUSHI? The team announced Miso Finance, a way for builders to launch their tokens fairly and securely on the Sushi platform. Bullish!
- COPE: Did you miss the COPE airdrop? Don’t worry, I did too. New airdrops are appearing every day on Solana and many teams are choosing to include COPE holders in their launch. You can find a market on FTX, then just make sure to withdraw your COPE tokens to a wallet like Sollet.
- Rocks: An idle mining game that launched on BSC powered by ROCKS a token with 5% burn on every transaction. If you’re tired of gambling on DOGGY meme coins then maybe try this one?
- apeXit Finance: On-chain risk management tool building on Solana, sell and buy assets quickly in one tap. No token as of yet, but the website states distribution is coming. One to watch!
- Reef: Formed a strategic partnership with Benchmark DeFi to create elastic stablecoin alternative DeFi markets. Will see xMARK integrated into the Reef platform, offering users inflation shielded stablecoin option.
- PancakeSwap: Announced new IFO for HOTCROSS, aims to raise $2.5M, remember you now need a profile created to enter an IFO. Hot Cross is a suite of multi-chain tools that aims to help communities thrive, such as a bridge and NFT minter.
- Plutos Network: Upcoming synthetic marketplace platform building on Polkadot, Binance Smart Chain, and Solana. Will feature trade mining incentives and staking powered by PLUT token, one to follow!
Be sure to check the listing to view the digital crypto artwork in its full glory, as some art is animated or contains audio.
The pill we need after this week of clown markets? Nice animation check it out!
- Aavegotchi: Users can now play Gotchi Gaatherer, the first mini-game released by a community developer, if you have sportswear collectibles then your Gotchi should win with ease! Very cool to see a community building mini-games for the ecosystem, learn more about Aavegotchi in our full review. Bullish for GHST!
- Doki Doki: Released a game on Sushi called NFT Gachas, it’s a vending machine that will give you a random NFT for 0.015 ETH. Which is then distributed to the Sushi and Doki community, along with Polygon’s India Covid Relief Fund. Check out our full review on DOKI token here.
- APENFT: The native platform token APENFT will be available on Huobi Prime on May 20th. Expecting this NFT marketplace to receive a lot of attention as it’s one of the first to build on top of TRON, and will use the data storage system of BitTorrent.