Negative news train keeps chugging along with reports that Binance is facing a criminal complaint filed by Thailand’s SEC. The important part to remember is that BTC price is still ranging, yes there do appear to be whale size entities with big bids sub-28k banking that we break down, but a range is a range until it’s not.
The real alpha would be to figure out who is absorbing all this sell pressure… because it can’t possibly be retail. Happy 4th of July to all our US readers, enjoy your long weekend! The good news is the WhiteHouse told me it’s cheaper to plan a cookout this year. Yeah… I am still going to recommend a hedge against inflation myself!
- Cardano: Nexo Finance has added support for Cardano to their platform, enabling users to exchange, borrow, and earn on their ADA holdings.
- Germany: A new law came into effect Thursday which theoretically could spur billions of new investments into crypto. Spezialfonds, the dominant institutional investment vehicle in Germany, were not allowed to invest in cryptocurrencies. The change in the law enables the special funds to allocate up to 20% of their portfolio in crypto.
- Ethereum: More and more ETH is being locked up in Eth 2.0 staking contracts, now over $12 billion worth of ETH is staked. Which has prompted JPMorgan to predict the Ethereum upgrade will create a crypto staking industry worth $40 billion by 2025.
- Swarm: Announced its launch on xDai as the project’s preferred scaling solution. Ethereum Swam is a decentralized storage and communication system, which aims to re-decentralize the internet.
- Solana: Kraken announced SOL markets will now be available for US, CA, and AUS users. Additionally, users can stake SOL with up to 6.5% yearly rewards.
- AntiMatter: Announced they would be unlocking all their strategic investor’s MATTER tokens, apparently dumping on their retail investors is considered “healthy”. Seems kind of odd that vesting periods can be changed after the fact!
- Perpetual protocol: Launched Curie, or Perpetual Protocol V2, which improves capital efficiency and increases rewards for liquidity providers. And the protocol will launch on Arbitrum for cheap and fast transactions!
- Autonio: Announced their next market maker Swarm campaign is for PIVX-BTC on Binance, where you earn rewards for running the trading bot. Learn more about Autonio and NIOX token in our review here.
- DaFi Protocol: Formed a strategic partnership with Litentry, a cross-chain Decentralized Identity (DID) Aggregator, to deploy synthetic dLIT tokens for LIT users. These smart tokens will enable more DeFi use cases.
- Element Finance: Launched to Ethereum mainnet, Element is a new type of AMM that enables a fixed-rate yield for casual users and many capital efficiency methods for DeFi experts. Looks very promising!
- Curve: Now live on xDai with the stablecoin 3pool (DAI-USDT-USDC), we will find out more about additional rewards in CRV and potentially STAKE in the next few days. Learn more about Curve Finance in our full review here.
- Hedgey Finance: Derivatives are now possible on xDai via Hedgey Options, powered by PAR token. Hedgey enables self-launch option markets, meaning traders can use it for any token on xdaichain.
- Fixed Forex: Andre Cronje has started to tease one of his new DeFi protocols, this one is going after the forex market, a decentralized framework for stablecoins in USD, EUR, ZAR, JPY, CNY, and more. Apparently, there will be no token, so how long until someone clones it and adds on a token?
- Ren Protocol: Announced a new privacy bridge for Bitcoin in collaboration with Aztec Network, creating zkrenBTC. Aztec is privacy and scaling for Ethereum in one rollup, will be interesting to see if any major DeFi protocols such as Aave or Curve deploy there.
- Saber: The popular stablecoin AMM on Solana has launched a BTC pool for renBTC-wBTC through a partnership with Ren Protocol. No additional rewards through yield farming yet, but maybe that’s coming next?
Be sure to check the listing to view the digital crypto artwork in its full glory, as some art is animated or contains audio.
Balancing your crypto wallet.
- Axies: Daily active players continues to increase massively, to give you some perspective the game is generating more 30-day protocol revenue than major DeFi players such as MakerDAO, SushiSwap, or Curve Finance. Some insane numbers to check out!
- Dark Forest: A decentralized RTS game to check out, currently deployed on Ethereum and xDai. Players aim to discover and conquer planets, it’s a space-themed MMO.
- VeChain: Announced the world’s first national-level adoption of a digital certificate in NFT form. The Republic of San Marino will use VeChain for an approved COVID certificate, called a Green Pass, which covers vaccination, past infection, or negative test results.