This week we’ve seen ATH for hundreds of different coins. While it’s psychologically hard to not take profit, we can’t deny that new money keeps flowing in. Good luck balancing your greed and making the right decisions.
We’ve stayed focused for the past two weeks trading 24/7 and believe it’s easy to make a mistake now, when our vision is blurry. This weekend is probably the most unpredictable one, at least our team is not sure in what direction the market will turn.
- Bitcoin: January was a record month for Bitcoin with over 22 million wallet addresses sending or receiving BTC, an all-time high for network activity.
- UK Banks: The Bank of England announced it has given high street lenders six months to prepare for negative interest rates. A move that will surely push more of the masses towards DeFi products.
- Cardano: Emurgo, Ergo, and IOHK announced the first stablecoin on Cardano, called AgeUSD. Though the stablecoin will live on the decentralized blockchain platform Ergo, it will be heavily integrated into the ADA ecosystem.
- YFI: Yearn Finance was hit by an exploit on its v1 yDAI vault which caused an $11 Million loss. Full details are currently unknown, it’s thought the attacker was able to steal $2.8M as the attack cost $8.3M in fees.
- SnowSwap: Announced a partnership with SpaceSwap to explore ways to reduce gas costs through shadow staking. SNOW is one of the fastest-growing DeFi projects built on top of Yearn and Curve, be sure to read our full review.
- Royal Finance: Revealed a partnership with e-Money which will focus on creating funding opportunities for iGaming startups. Plus e-Money can provide fiat on/off ramps for a wide range of stablecoins: eCHF, eNOK, eEUR, and more!
- Venus Protocol: Binance has listed the VAI stablecoin in its innovation zone with a BTC/VAI and BUSD/VAI pair. Great news for XVS holders, as the adoption should help stabilize the collateralized stablecoin.
- Pancakeswap: Gamification update! You can now create a profile, choose an avatar in the form of a collectible NFT and join one of the three teams. Moving forward there will be tasks to complete for extra rewards, along with leaderboards.
- Andre Cronje: The DeFi golden developer appeared to tease a very cheap way of cross-chain transfer between BTC, ETH, BSC, FTM, and SOL. Exciting!
- OptionRoom: ROOM token will be listed on Uniswap today. Make sure you’re trading the correct token, don’t get scammed! OptionRoom is an oracle and forecast protocol powered by Polkadot, expecting big volume near immediately.
- Ramp DeFi: Announced a collaboration project with NEM and Stakehound that will enable XEM holders to stake in supernodes, while also generating an Ethereum based token for DeFi.
- UniLend: The team announced integrations for FTM and Fantom based synthetic assets, meaning users can now trade stablecoins such as fUSD and fEUR. Deeper liquidity and leveraged yield farming!
- Loopring: The team enabled more Ethereum assets to be traded via their L2 AMM pools. Meaning more tokens that traders can instantly swap gas-free.
Be sure to check the listing to view the digital crypto artwork in its full glory, as some art is animated or contains audio.
Hand-drawn animation with 103 drawings and 178 frames, make sure you check it out!
- OpenSea: Hit an all-time high record with $5 million in daily sales, confirmation that 2021 will be the year of crypto art and non-fungible tokens!
- CGC: Make sure you set March 4-5th in your calendar for the CGC event, a global online conference dedicated to non-fungible tokens. Virtual attendees will even have a chance to win some NFT drops.
- Synergy of Serra: A deck-building game where players have to protect Serra from invading aliens. The cards are NFT based with the first sales happening right now.
- Monster Slayers: Wanted to highlight this upcoming NFT game as the team is developing on Binance Smart Chain. Aims to be a fighting game with its algorithmic stablecoin for marketplace transactions.