Good morning. CME launch for Ethereum futures is expected to move the market, though nobody seems to agree on which way. Americans may simply be too hungover from Superbowl weekend?
Future unclear. Proceed with caution.
What do you think? Come join our Discord and let us know.
- LINK: Chainlink’s oracle networks now go well beyond crypto price feeds, they can also query fiat exchange rates, commodity prices, stock market indices, or blockchain data such as gas prices.
- Cosmos: The team confirmed the Stargate upgrade for ATOM is on schedule for February 18th. It will provide significant performance boosts for all blockchains using Cosmos SDK (Binance Smart Chain, IRIS, KavaChain, and more).
- Kava Labs: Announced that with the Cosmos upgrade, the stablecoin USDX will be interoperable between the whole Cosmos ecosystem. And announced a partnership with ThorChain to open its platform up to all RUNE holders.
- Iron Bank: Andre Cronje announced users can now deposit cDAI, cUSDC, and cUSDT into the Iron Bank meaning they will earn Compound interest rate, COMP, and Iron Bank interest. That’s some DeFi stacking!
- Synthetix: The team announced short selling is live for sBTC and sETH, along with an SNX reward program to incentives bears.
- Theta Network: The team announced the launch of ThetaSwap v1, the first decentralized exchange on the Theta blockchain.
- Simba Chain: Integrated Avalanche into its platform, providing developers with an easy low code way to deploy smart contracts. Expect more DeFi products powered by AVAX very soon!
- Sushiswap: Oracles powered by Keep3rs (soon to be Chainlink) are now live, providing decentralized feeds for asset prices, volatility, and options.
- 0xProject: 0x Labs confirmed it raised $15M in series A funding, the aim is to bring decentralized exchange markets to the masses.
- Cover Protocol: If you had Nexus or Cover insurance then any lost funds due to the recent Yearn vault hack would be fully reimbursed. Moving forward Cover’s coverage will be enabled for all Yearn vaults by default and will be opt-out.
- Loopring: The Layer2 scaling solution for Ethereum hit a significant milestone yesterday, seeing over $24M in trading volume. The platform now has over 15,000 users and $200m in TVL.
- Bancor: Announced there was more space to stake in their Ethereum pool, users can enjoy over 18% APY on single-sided staking for ETH with impermanent loss protection.
- Injective Protocol: The derivatives DEX will integrate with Huobi ECO Chain. Announced it was the start of several collaborations with Huobi Global. Expect INJ to be listed on Huobi very soon?
- Serum: Tweeted out an image of a token logo called Raydium, teasing a future announcement. Perhaps it is some sort of commodity index?
- TomoChain: TOMO halving has started, this is a halving of block rewards, meaning for the next 3 years the network will see 2M tokens in block rewards. This is down from 17M yearly block rewards, expect TOMO price growth!
- Harvest Finance: The team announced the yellow tractor won the logo rebranding by the majority. If you’ve not checked out the vaults offered by Harvest Finance, read through our review here.
Be sure to check the listing to view the digital crypto artwork in its full glory, as some art is animated or contains audio.
Heart of the Machine
This one came from the Heart of the Machine.
- Maker: Announced a community art contest for NFTs, submissions can win up to 1000 in Dai.
- Enjin: January has been a great month for ENJ, check all the updates here. Plus Forbes just published an article stating it may be the best investment for 2021.
- Matic: Announced collaboration with DcENT, where the crypto-lifestyle brand will build NFTs on Matic Network. The project uses NFTs to authenticate its luxury goods.