Rumors are circulating that the next installment of Grand Theft Auto might payout gamers in cryptocurrency instead of in-game cash when playing the game. As one of the most successful game franchises ever, if this turns out to be true, it would introduce millions to crypto!
Need a new exchange?
Here are my favourite crypto exchanges, use the referral link for atleast a 10% discount on your trading fees.
- Bybit - Currently, this is my favourite platform! Great liquidity and bonuses for deposits.
- Delta Exchange - Good for a degen account, no KYC required but low liquidity.
- Binance - Lots and lots of spot altcoin pairs, especially BTC pairs.
- KuCoin - Great for longer small cap holds.
Meanwhile, FTX signed a name deal with major esports organization TSM, so it seems we’re all on track to join the L337speaking Gamer-nation. Also, make sure you bookmark this tool for watching exchange flows, major inflows might indicate selling whereas outflows can indicate an intention to hold.
Must watch: Max Keiser screams “We’re not selling! Fuck Elon!” during Bitcoin 2021 Conference.
- El Salvador: President Nayib Bukele is proposing a bill that would make Bitcoin legal tender in the country. Meaning debts can be contracted and settled in BTC, along with banks being able to transact in Bitcoin. Paraguay is also looking into this possibility.
- Layer2: The scaling wars are starting to heat up, with Vitalik stating that there is one major difference between Rollups (such as Loopring) and Sidechains (such as Polygon), which is that Rollups inherit the security of Ethereum.
- BTCD: While Bitcoin Dominance did rebound a little on 19th May, it’s now lost all of those gains and continues to fall towards new all-time lows. Some may see this as an overall bearish indicator for the whole market, others might see it as the confirmation for huge upwards movement from altcoins. Guess we will see?
- Andre Cronje: The DeFi golden hands developer Tweeted out that gas prices are starting to look good and he’s gearing up for new releases. No using his well-known deployer address this time though!
- Uniswap: One of the reasons that gas prices are going down is because Layer2 adoption is going up! Uniswap has been deployed on the Arbitrum mainnet.
- Basket DAO: Announced it was now an official Yearn Finance ecosystem partner. Currently, BDI is farming yvBOOST and crvLINK with plans to add more in the future. Learn more about YFI vaults in our full review here.
- Aave: The founder of Aave stated on Twitter that collateral NFT options will be coming to the protocol soon enough. Will be very interesting to see how they deal with liquidations on this front, as NFTs are not nearly as liquid.
- SolFarm: Users will soon be able to farm TULIP via the TULIP-USDC fusion pool on Raydium. Great to see collaboration between two leading Solana builders.
- Chainlink: The leading oracle network-integrated 55 new projects during May, a total of 567 projects are using Chainlink’s services. Bullish for building! Check out our full review on LINK here.
- Raydium: Hard to believe this project has only been live for 100 days! Raydium published a quick summary of what’s been done so far, and announced next up would be adding stablecoin pools that follow the Curve finance algorithm.
- Fluidity: An upcoming stablecoin project on Solana, with the idea of rewarding users in cryptocurrencies for simply using them. Recently received a grant by the Solana Foundation, one to follow!
- OnionMixer: The first decentralized protocol for anonymous cross-chain transactions, the tech is accessible on DEGO Finance’s website. Learn more about DEGO token in our full review here.
Be sure to check the listing to view the digital crypto artwork in its full glory, as some art is animated or contains audio.
Cyberpunk Art A girl gamer in a dystopian futuristic world. A piece that focuses on low key, high tech mood, showcasing the advancement of technology.
- eBay: Announced it will permit the sale of non-fungible tokens for digital collectibles on the platform, users can bid on the NFTs in the same way they would for a physical item. Big for adoption!
- Sonar Watch: Now supports displaying NFTs and collectibles, an amazing way to track your full portfolio on Solana, recommend checking the dashboard out.
- TOKAU: Just completed its IDO via BakerySwap on BSC, a record of 10,874 participants meaning the sale was 260x oversubscribed. Tokau is a way for celebrities and fans to engage via NFT gifts.
- Enjin: Announced it has secured a multimillion-dollar funding raise which will see it migrate its public NFT blockchain Efinity to operate on Polkadot as a parachain. Bullish for ENJ!